How to Measure a Door
Before purchasing your replacement doors, you will need to measure your current ones. Below is our handy guide and video.
- Measuring tape
- Open the cupboard door to measure the inside. This will give you a more accurate measurement than the outside.
- Place your tape measure on the top of door and measure to the bottom. Record this in your notebook
- Place your tape measure on the inside edge of door and measure to the outside edge. Record this in your notebook
If you would like us to predrill the 35mm hinge holes, here’s how to measure for those:
- Roughly mark the middle of the top hinge hole on the door with a pencil
- Using the tape measure, measure from the top edge of the door to the pencil line
- Repeat step 2 for the bottom hinge hole.
- If your door is larger, it may have more hinges. If this is the case repeat the process and measure from the top or bottom edge (whichever is closer).
Remember when filling in your measurements to our website, you must specify if your door is left-hand opening, or right-hand opening. You can tell this by checking what side of the cupboard your hinges are on.